Meat And Seafood Manager
- - Meat and Seafood
- Bedford, NS, CAN
- Full Time
Are you looking for a fantastic Management position where creativity, quality and care really count? Join our team of passionate performer's at Pete's Frootique & Fine Foods!
- Develop a strong team with a focus on coaching, training and customer service.
- Maintain high standards of employee morale and promote an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork.
- Openly and honestly provide performance feedback to Meat and Seafood team members as per the company standard procedures.
- Maintain labour ratios within budget by ensuring a high level of productivity of all staff and adjust scheduling to project business volumes
- Take a creative and entrepreneurial approach to work- generate ideas, take ownership and gain understanding of how business works.
- Order and produce merchandise & maintain inventory control to minimize out-of-stocks & over-stocks, ensure freshness & product quality and maximize sales & turnover.
- Manage the Meat and Seafood Department for maximum profit.
- Manage the Meat and Seafood Department according to Pete's Core Values.
- To provide advice on product selection, quality and preparation.
- To be a role model in "living the culture" of Pete's Fine Foods.
- 2-3 years retail management/supervisory experience in a meat/seafood environment
- Butchery/fish monger skills required
- An in-depth knowledge of inventory management and merchandising
- Prior food handling experience
- Good communication and motivational skills
- Highly organized, efficient and achievement-focused
- Proven excellence in Customer Service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic math
- Good computer skills including the Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Team player
- Flexible Schedule - Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends
- Frequent heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs) is required
Pete's Fine Foods https://petes.hirecentric.com